How to Prep Your Home for a Late Summer Sale
As the summer break provides a moment to reflect on plans for the upcoming year, many homeowners are contemplating new opportunities in the real estate market. Despite facing 13 interest rate increases since May 2022, market predictions hint at a potential decline in rates around mid-year, creating a favorable environment for both buyers and sellers. Whether you’re considering an upgrade or downsizing, preparing your property is crucial in maximising its value even in a resurgent market. With the late-summer sales season still in play, there’s ample time to enhance your home’s appeal for potential buyers. Integra’s Residential Sales Consultant Katie Hewitt talks you through her tips for preparing for sale.
- Create a Lasting Impression: Establishing a positive first impression is important. Tidy up your garden, mow the lawn, and make sure flowerbeds are free of weeds. A well-maintained exterior sets the stage for a positive viewing experience.
- Make an Inviting Entrance: If your home has a porch-style entry, enhance its appeal with strategically placed plants, flowers, and, if space allows, consider adding a small table and chairs. A welcoming entrance can add charm.
- Prioritise Cleanliness: Maintain the exterior of your home by cleaning gutters and trimming overgrown shrubs or trees. If your home’s exterior is showing signs of wear, consider repainting as it can significantly boost curb appeal.
- Deep Cleaning: Hire a professional cleaner to give your home a thorough clean. A clean and well-maintained interior leaves a positive impression on potential buyers, emphasising the value of the property.
- Declutter and Create Space: Remove personal knick-knacks and unnecessary furniture to create a sense of space. Thinning out belongings in closets and wardrobes contributes to an overall impression of ample storage.
- Consider a Property Stylist: Two local stylists we recommend to our clients are Wren Property Styling and Mode Property Styling
With the late-summer sales season still underway, taking the time to prepare your home for sale is a strategic move. By focusing on creating a positive first impression, maintaining cleanliness, and decluttering, you can enhance your property’s appeal and maximise its value in the competitive real estate market. For more tips get in touch with the Integra Real Estate team. We can walk you through the process.
Contact Katie Hewitt on 0400 910 102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org